Sunday, October 12, 2008

Creating Windows Icons

So I'm writing a Windows C# application (I'll talk about it later) and I wanted to use my own icon for it. I needed a .ico image, Visual Studio wouldn't let me use any other image file types. I usually use Adobe Photoshop for my editing, but that program doesn't support natively icons. I found a Photoshop plugin for icon files at this website and it worked perfectly. There was no hassle at all.

I created a 16x16 icon and added it to all my forms easily. I set the icon to be used as the default icon through the project properties (under the application submenu) and that worked perfectly too. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

This post was really just to give out the link to the website for the photoshop icon plugin. Oh yeah, I'm probably going to be posting a good deal of C# stuff for a while since I've been playing with it a lot recently. Just some fair warning...

No comments: