Monday, May 09, 2011

Advice to a man for a successful marriage

Okay, today I'm going to share one of the secrets to a successful marriage (for the husband.) This secret was passed down to me by a wise former boss of mine. Here's what he told me:

"At some point, especially in the beginning of marriage before she learns better, she will inevitably ask you to make a choice. This should be your most frequent response:

1. Slowly look over each choice. You don't have to really care, but it needs to appear like your thinking about them.
2. Pause until the count of 3.
3. Ask her what she thinks. She will have an opinion. You must make her voice it.
4. Reply: Y'know, that's what I was leaning for too. Let's go with that one."

This works very well, just don't be too obvious. And remember, in an argument, it's not a question about who is right or who is wrong. It's just about who cares more. I read that from Scott Adam's blog, and although I don't always agree with him, I agree with him in that.

(Yes, in case you're worried, there's loads of sarcasm in this entire post, Maybe. Ha ha.)

No comments: