Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Introduction

Hey all, I'm Jonathan Discar and this is my blog. Due to the influence of reading many blogs recently (mostly, the influence is from Steve Yegge) I decided to start up one of my own. I could go on and on about why I did it if I wanted to bore you, but basically the decision was made because I want to improve my typing speed. I don't have much important to say right now, but I'm hoping that'll change someday. Until then, I decided to mostly share stuff I've found entertaining or handy. It shouldn't be very complicated or controversal, but hopefully it'll be useful to some people and not entirely boring and personal. So, computer techy tutorial and link highlights mostly. We'll see how this goes. After a while, when I finally really realize no one is going to read this and th blog becomes truly just for me, I'll be way more loose and babble on endlessly about random thoughts: worse than I'm doing now. I'll see, I'll see.

Oh yeah, this is me: I'm currently 23 years old and I'm a programmer. I primarily make stuff using Ruby and Java. My personal projects tend to be programming automation tools, websites, and tinkering with new technologies. I like to tinker with stuff and I spend my free "zoning-out" time surfing for random infomation, reading some book or another (usually in the genre of sci-fi, fantasy, manga, or programming), playing video games, or watching japanese anime and the occasional tv show, usually a sitcom. I spend the rest of my free time cleaning up and hanging out with friends. Nope, no traditional hobbies with me. Man, what a very vague bio.

No comments: